The Museum’s carriage barn houses this 2-passenger wagon, made between 1901—1910 by John S. Drew of the Dover Carriage Company. Drew purchased the business from J.H. Randlett, a renowned Tuttle Square carriage-maker for 45 years. But the rise of the automobile put Drew out of business by 1912. Before that, horse-drawn conveyances were the most common means of transport. Buggies cost only $25–$50, and could easily be driven by untrained men, women, or children. Their wide use encouraged the grading, graveling, and even paving of main roads. This carriage was last used at Highland Farm in Barrington, NH for hayrides around Swains Lake and to bring in hay.