Thank you for making our 106th season an amazing year! Now that we have wrapped up our Holiday Artisan Faire, we now look forward to 2023 and the special year it is for Dover; the 400th Anniversary. We have so much in store for the Woodman this year and hope you’ll join us when we open for tours again in April.
2022 Year in Review
It has been another great year here at the Woodman Museum. We saw over 3000 guests to the museum during our tour season including roughly 350 students from area schools!
We created new programs and joined efforts in order to give back to the community we’ve called home for more than 100 years. Such things as:
- Instituting an EBT discount program for admission and joining Museums for All
- Working with the First Parish Church and their Grab & Go: Food For Kids Summer Program
- Joining Dover Rotary as an organization and being part of the Kid’s Closet Program to feed, cloth, and supply Dover students with necessary items.
We created new programs and ways for individuals to interact with the museum, both on-site and abroad. We:
- Expanded our social media presence with a Tik Tok page and weekly Tuesday Trivia on our Instagram.
- Unveiled a new, up-to-date, and user friendly website with an interactive event calendar and will be starting a new museum blog for 2023.
- Updated our Veteran’s Day Celebration event to an all-day event focused on the history of our veterans.
- Created a corporate membership program for businesses to give their employees, volunteers, and clients free admission to the museum.
What’s Happening at the Woodman Museum?
We may be closed for tours, but the work is far from over! During the offseason, we will be doing some much needed maintenance on the houses, including a refresh of the foster gallery. We are swapping out the old wallpaper currently for a fresh paint job. We hope guests will find the new look of the first gallery on their tour to be a welcomed change!
We have also already begun planning our events for the year. We’re excited to bring you our annual favorites like Voices From the Cemetery in October along with some new experiences that we hope you’ll enjoy. Keep an eye out for announcements coming soon!
“Become a Junior Curator!” Scavenger Hunt
Our younger guests (as well as those young at heart) can now experience the museum and its artifacts in a new way with a free, unique scavenger hunt! Find all of the artifacts on your tour and be awarded the title of Junior Curator of the Woodman Museum!
Join us in June for a weekend-long encampment on the grounds of the Woodman Museum featuring the 1st NH Regiment Revolutionary War Reenactors!
Meet with soldiers and hear their stories. Stop by the camp and see what food is on the fire! This should be a weekend that everyone will have a “blast” at!