Due to COVID-19 restrictions groups are limited to only family/group per time slot.
As we reopen, our top priority is the health and safety of our visitors, community members, volunteers, and staff. With that in mind, we have carefully reviewed state and CDC guidelines and will be implementing several safety measures. We have secured many necessary supplies including masks, hand sanitizer, Plastic safety barriers for our point-of-sale areas, and more. While visiting the Woodman Museum this season, you will also notice some of the following operational steps being taken:
- Masks will be required for all visitors inside the museum, if you do not have one, the museum will provide one for you.
- All staff and volunteers will be required to wear masks as well.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available in key areas of the museum.
- Visitors will be asked to keep six feet of distance from others outside of their own group.
- Total Museum capacity will be limited to 20 Guests, or two tours with minimal overlap. The tours will never be in the same building at anytime, to allow for social distancing.
- Doors to individual houses will be opened by Docents to minimize contact.
- A designated one-way flow (floor arrows) will befollowed throughout the museum buildings.
- High-traffic surfaces will be cleaned on a scheduled basis throughout the day and after closing.
- Docents will facilitate the tours, but our traditional introductory segments will be abbreviated to short videos to reduce interaction, in consideration of social distancing.
- Visitors, staff and volunteers are asked to please stay home if they are feeling unwell.
In addition to these steps, we will be implementing specific guidelines and training for our volunteers and staff to ensure safety for all. As state guidelines are updated, we will continue to adapt our procedures, as necessary.
We are confident that these new procedures will help us adhere to the highest public health standards, while also maintaining a safe and enjoyable visitor experience.
We thank you for your support of the museum throughout this difficult time, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Check out our Opening announcement.